Bandicam optimizes recording performance by using a hardware-accelerated H.264 encoder. So users of Bandicam can enjoy high quality and high speed recording.
If you use the H.264 codec, please carefully view the manual below:
VBR vs. CBR
- VBR (Variable bitrate) allows a higher bitrate to be allocated to the more complex segments of media files while less space is allocated to less complex segments. If you check VBR, you can get a better quality-to-space ratio compared to a CBR (Constant bitrate) file of the same data.
FourCC Code: H264 and X264
: H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10 or AVC (Advanced Video Coding) is one of the most commonly used video formats for the recording, compression, and distribution of high definition video.
: x264 is a free software library for encoding video streams into the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format.
If you choose H264, you can play the recorded video on most media players and edit the recorded video with Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio, etc.
However, if you want to edit the recorded video with Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere with the AVI container, you must choose the "X264" option.
- You may install the X264 codec from http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/files/
(Install both x264vfw and x264vfw64). If you don't use Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere, you may not choose the X264 option.
Keyframe Interval: 1 to 300
- If you choose "150" as the Keyframe interval, keyframes will be created every 150 frames.
- If you choose "1" as the Keyframe interval, every single frame becomes a keyframe.
- When you want to edit the recorded video, you may choose "1" as the Keyframe interval. (When you choose "1", the recorded file size will be larger than others.)
* What's the difference between a frame and a keyframe.
- Frame: A frame is a single shot of a series of still transparent pictures that form a video. (A frame contains partial information of a still scene.)
- Keyframe: A keyframe is a frame used to indicate the beginning or end of a change made to the signal. A video file has a limited number of keyframes - not every frame is a keyframe. (A keyframe contains full information of a still scene.)
» Nvidia CUDA H.264 Encoder
» Intel® Quick Sync Video H.264 Encoder
» AMD APP H.264 Encoder
» Bandicam settings for Sony Vegas
» Bandicam settings for Pinnacle Studio
» Bandicam settings for Adobe Premiere