Bandicam error message: Failed to start audio capture
When the sound card driver is not installed properly, you may see the 'Failed to start audio capture' error message.
1. Uncheck the "Record sound" option of Bandicam
To remove this error message, click Settings button under the Video tab, and then uncheck the "Record sound" option.
Caution! When you uncheck the "Record sound" option, you can't record computer sounds.
To record computer sounds without this error message, please refer to the manual below.
2. Disable voice chat programs, audio tuning programs or other recording programs.
Windows system allows programs to use only one audio device at one time. If the microphone device is used by another program, you will see the "Failed to start audio capture" error message.
- Voice chat software: Mumble, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo...
- Other recording software: ShadowPlay (NVIDIA), AMD Gaming Evolved Client (Plays.tv)...
- Audio tuning software: Sonic Studio (ASUS), Nahimic (MSI)...
Disable "Sonic Studio
" or "Nahimic
" and restart the recording target.
3. Install the sound card driver
When the sound card drivers are not installed properly, you may see the 'Failed to start audio capture' error message.
Install the proper sound card driver from your sound card (or motherboard) manufacturer.
4. Check the sound settings of Windows
- Go to the Playback
tab of Windows, and enable Speakers/Headphones
- Go to the Recording
tab of Windows, and enable Microphone
5. Change the sound device of Bandicam
Click Settings button under the Video tab of Bandicam, and change the sound device of Bandicam.
If you use Windows 7/8/10, choose "(Default Sound Device)
" as the primary sound device
, and disable
the secondary sound device
6. Plug your speakers into the computer
When you connect speakers to the computer, some computers may recognize your sound card driver automatically.
7. Uncheck Compatibility mode in Windows Vista/7/8/10
If you can't see the "(Default Sound Device)" option in Windows Vista/7/8/10, it may be a compatibility problem.
Right-click on the Bandicam icon > Properties > Compatibility > and then uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
If you uncheck it, you can see the "(Default Sound Device)" option.
8. Upgrade your Windows XP to Windows Vista/7/8/10
To record computer sounds, you have to set "Stereo Mix" properly in Windows XP.
However, if you use Windows Vista/7/8/10, you don't have to set the "Stereo Mix."
If you choose "(Default Sound Device)" in Bandicam, you may not see the error message.
Post a comment