The Bandicut window allows the user to cut a certain part of a video, merge multiple sections, and split a video into multiple files, as well as configure the main settings related to Bandicut.
- 1 Cut: It allows the user to cut and save a certain part of a video
- 2 Join: It allows the user to join multiple videos or merge more than 2 video files.
- 3 Register: It allows the user to register the serial number purchased from the Bandicut purchase website.
- 4 Bandicut registration and menu: It allows the user to check the major functions of Bandicut from the drop-down menu.
- 5 Start Page, Cutter and Joiner: It allows the user go to the start page, cutting page or joining page.
Main window control
1. Current playing time
Check the current playing time and total play time of the video.
2. Select a cutting area with the playback controls.
- Previous Keyframe: Move to the previous keyframe.
- Previous Frame: Move to the previous frame.
- Play/Pause: Play or pause videos.
- Stop: Stop playback of videos.
- Next Frame: Move to the next frame.
- Next Keyframe: Move to the next keyframe.
* Precisely cut and split videos frame by frame
Bandicut is able to cut precisely between "any frames" that the user selects. Other video cutting programs just cut only between "keyframes". However, Bandicut allows the user to precisely select the cutting area and quickly cut the selected area by frame.
- Frame: A frame is a single shot of a series of still transparent pictures that form a video. (A frame contains partial information of a still scene.)
- Keyframe: A video file has a limited number of keyframes - not every frame is a keyframe. A keyframe is a frame used to indicate the beginning or end of a change made to the signal. (A keyframe contains full information of a still scene.)
=> If there is a 30 FPS video, it will have 30 "Frames" and may have 1~5 (?) "Keyframes" per second.
=> Bandicut can cut videos by frame.
3. Select a cutting area using 'Segment Start/End' button ([ or ]), 'Playhead', and/or 'Mouse Wheel'.
4. Click the 'Open File' button to import a video you want to edit.
5. Set the start/end time of a segment in detail.
- Use the 'Adjustment buttons' to set the starting/ending section.
- To adjust [Hour : Minute : Second : Frame], click the section, and then use the 'Adjustment buttons' or 'Mouse Wheel'.
6. Click the 'Start' button to start video cutting/merging/splitting.
7. Add segment, and/or move segment up or down.
- Add Segment (+): Click the 'Add segment' button to cut unwanted parts, merge multiple sections, or split a video into multiple files.
- Move Up/Down: Click the 'Move Up/Down' button to change the order of the segments when it is merged.
8. Merge/Split segments, Show/Hide segment list.
- Checked: Check the 'Merge segments' option to merge the segments into one video file. » Merge segments
- Unchecked: Uncheck the 'Merge segments' option to split the segments into multiple files. » Split into multiple files
- Show/Hide segment list: Click the 'Show/Hide segment list' button to open/close the segment list.
9. Segment list.
The Segment list area is used to show the segment list and adjusting the start/end time of each segment.