If you use a high-end NVIDIA graphics card and install the latest NVIDIA graphics card driver, you will be able to enhance the recording ability of Bandicam by using the GPU of the graphics card.
If you use GTX 600 series or higher
graphics cards, you will be able to use the Nvidia NVENC H264
encoder which allows you to record the target in high speed, with a high compression ratio, and in high quality.
If you use GTX 950 series or higher
graphics cards (Maxwell, GM20x), you will be able to use the Nvidia NVENC HEVC(H.265)
encoder which is better at compression than the NVENC H.264 encoder.
* HEVC vs H.264 - Which one is better?
HEVC (H.265) is better at compression than H.264 (The video quality of HEVC is better than H.264 if the file size is the same.
The file size of HEVC is smaller than H.264 if the video quality is the same).
However, some media players don't support HEVC and HEVC uses more CPU usage than H.264.
Users have to choose the proper codec to meet their needs.
How to use the Nvidia NVENC encoder
1. Download/install the latest Nvidia video card driver
- Go to http://www.geforce.com, and download/install the latest Nvidia video card driver.
- Download Nvidia Driver: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
2. Choose the "H264 (Nvidia® NVENC)" or "HEVC (Nvidia® NVENC)" option.
- Click the Settings button under the Video tab, then choose the "H264 (Nvidia® NVENC)
" or "HEVC (Nvidia® NVENC)
- H264/HEVC is one of the most commonly used formats for the recording, compression, and distribution of high definition video. (View the comparison of video codecs of Bandicam
- 1 VBR (Variable bitrate) - Quality-based: VBR allows a higher bitrate for faster scenes and a lower bitrate for slower scenes, as a result, the recorded video size can be made smaller. (Recommended)
- 2 CBR (Constant Bitrate) - Bitrate-based: CBR always uses the same bitrate, as a result, you can predict the video file size (But, the recorded video size might be larger.)
- 3 GPU device: If you use more than 2 GPUs, try this option. (For example, use graphic card A for recording and graphic card B for gaming.)
- 4 FourCC code: To play the recorded video on media players, choose "H264". To edit the recorded video with Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere with the AVI container, choose "X264".
- 5 Keyframe interval: If you choose "150" as the Keyframe interval, keyframes will be created every 150 frames. » See more
If you cannot see the "H264 (Nvidia® NVENC)" or "HEVC (Nvidia® NVENC)" option...
Please try the solutions below:
1. Nvidia® NVENC encoder is available in Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- If you use 'Windows XP' or 'Windows Vista', the "H264 (Nvidia® NVENC)" menu will not be shown.
2. Update your graphics card driver.
- Download the latest Nvidia video card driver from http://www.geforce.com/drivers
3. Check whether your computer has an NVENC-capable GPU
* H264 (Nvidia® NVENC)
- Desktop GPU: Geforce GTX 600 series or higher graphics cards.
- Laptop GPU: GTX 660M, 670MX, 675MX, 680M, 700M or higher graphics cards.
* HEVC (Nvidia® NVENC)
- Desktop GPU: Geforce GTX 950 series or higher graphics cards (GTX 950, GTX 960, GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX Titan X).
- Laptop GPU: GTX 965M, 970M, 980M or higher graphics cards.
4. Nvidia® NVENC encoder is available with the latest version of Bandicam.
Nvidia® NVENC H.264 encoder is available from Bandicam 2.0.0, and Nvidia® NVENC HEVC encoder is able from Bandicam 2.4.0.
- Download the latest Bandicam program from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/
- Nvidia NVENC HEVC/H.264 Encoder
- Nvidia CUDA H.264 Encoder
- Intel® Quick Sync Video HEVC/H.264 Encoder
- AMD APP H.264 Encoder