Watching online videos often comes with the hassle of having to save data or bypass the Internet. Video grabber software solves this conflict, as it allows viewers to run videos offline. If you’ve faced issues with the Internet and want to easily watch videos offline, read this article to get the best video capture insights.
Sometimes, your device or Internet connection might let you down in the middle of recording or downloading. Free video grabber software can save you from these awkward moments and help you record your favorite videos for a peaceful, offline watch.
Here, we will present the 11 best video capture software and their specific details, including pros and cons. We hope this guide will help you select the best software for your use.
1. Bandicam Screen Recorder
If you’re looking for a free video grabber, pick Bandicam, an easy and hassle-free screen recording software that can save your Internet bill and eliminate the need to depend on the Internet to watch your favorite video. Whether you go for full-screen video and audio recording or partial screen, Bandicam provides you with a seamless, satisfactory screen recording experience. Record your favorite video with Bandicam and watch for an unlimited amount of time, while saving your data.
How to Download Any Video From the Internet
Step 1. Download the video grabber tool, Bandicam, and start.
Step 2. Play a video you want to grab. Then, select screen recording mode and click on the ● REC button.
- Option 1: Select the ‘Specific window’ recording option to capture only the video. This option allows you to record a specific area even if it is covered by other program windows.
- Option 2: Choose a ‘Rectangle on a screen’ recording option and record a video. This option captures everything within the recording area.
Step 3. Finish recording by clicking on the Stop button, and check the captured videos in the output folder.
With these simple steps, you can quickly grab videos on Windows using Bandicam Screen Recorder.
Bandicam’s Key Features
- You can record any kind video from the Internet
- You can record full-screen or specific areas around the cursor
- The real-time drawing option is available with a screencast
- You can capture your face and voice together with a webcam and microphone
- You can record dual, or even multiple, monitors
- Its extensive overlay options include inserting text, images, and logos
- The schedule recording option is available
- You can opt out of mouse clicks and animation effects
- There is a mute option during audio recording
- Bandicam can record gameplay by hooking method
- Best recording performance by using a hardware-accelerated H.264/HEVC/AV1 codec
- The free version supports 10 minutes of recording for each video
- Bandicam only works on Windows
2. Open Broadcast Software (OBS)
Open Broadcast Software (OBS) is a free open-source software for video recording and live streaming. With a powerfully integrated API, OBS can also be used for commercial purposes. In addition, it offers several plugins and scripts for advanced customization. This free video grabber software can record anything on your screen online. Further, you can access all of its exclusive features for free.
- The software comes with a real-time audio-video capturing option
- You can set numerous scenes to capture
- You can control the noise in videos with an audio mixer
- The software supports all streaming platforms
- It supports Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Preview option is available with Studio Mode
- Multiple sources won’t work at the same time
- The user interface is quite difficult
- Commands don’t work properly sometimes
3. Windows Game Bar
Windows Xbox Game Bar is a built-in software that allows users to capture videos and screenshots while playing PC games. Users with access to the Game Bar need not install any additional software. This built-in software comes free with Windows and is available with all of the latest and previous Windows versions.
- You can record full-screen
- You can capture screenshots
- You can adjust the application volume
- You can live chat on Xbox Live during gameplay and record
- The performance panel displays your current GPU, CPU, and RAM usage
- You cannot see the interface when you open it
- Not suitable for advanced game recording
4. Adobe Captivate
Adobe Captivate is an especially useful software for business and/or tutorial purposes. Users can capture their screen to make informative PPTs, interactive videos, and learning courses for their students. Adobe Captivate video grabber plays a significant role in the educational sector with its high-end features and functions.
- It supports multiple themes
- You can use Automatic chroma key effects
- Auto-device Preview option is available
- Adobe Typekit integration is available
- Introduced Fluid Boxes 2.0 for advancement
- You can change the theme font size
- GIF support is limited
- It’s not suitable for beginners
- Subscription cost is high
5. Icecream Screen Recorder
If you’re looking for free video grabber software, you can consider Icecream Apps Screen Recorder. You can record your device screen and take screenshots for tutorials, webinars, live streams, social media videos, and more. The software supports Windows, Mac, and Android with its apps and game recording options.
- You can record full or partial screen, depending on your preferences
- You can record audio and PC system altogether
- Webcam record option with Overlay is available
- You can add your watermark to the screen recording
- You can instantly share your recorded videos
- Various edit options are available, such as trim, record-setting, speed change, etc.
- You cannot change the background while recording a live stream
- Audio quality is not up to standard
6. Movavi Screen Recorder
If you’re into remote work, distance learning, or professional videography, Movavi is a great software for you. You can make screencasts, record tutorials, and make use of various screen recording options; you can also watch recordings offline. The video grabber software comes with Video Suite for video editing, which is perfect for commercial and professional purposes.
- The software can create HD screencast
- It offers sound recording from multiple sources
- A customized schedule recording option is available
- You can export all formats
- It offers advanced screen capture settings
- It provides an inbuilt keyframe feature
- It’s not mobile-friendly
- Premium features are not free
7. EaseUS RecExperts
If you’re looking for a decent video grabber that can capture your device screen quickly, try EaseUS RecExperts. From online meetings to social media videos, you can capture virtually anything with this software. In addition, the software offers several recording modes for various professionals.
- With online videos, you can record protected videos of OTT platforms without a black screen
- Game recording modes are available with 144 FPS
- You can mix your voice with the internal audio while recording a webcam
- Auto-stop and auto-split options are available during recording
- The schedule recording option is available
- You can create a screencast for Mac and PC screens
- Editing features are limited
- The software is costly
8. Wondershare DemoCreator
If you want to create professional tutorial videos with real-time screen recording options, pick DemoCreator. You can record live streams, gameplay, etc., and play them offline. This video grabber software can also record webcams with audio, and many other options are available for both professionals and beginners.
- The real-time drawing option is available during screen recording
- Supports dual and secondary screens simultaneously
- Supports lag-free game recording with 120 FPS
- Advanced video editing options are available with recording
- You can record live streams, gameplay, and much more
- You can record your screen with high speed
- You’ll get a watermark with the free version
- Microphone lag issues might affect your recording
If you want to capture your device screen along with additional context on the screen, use Snagit software. This video grabber software is a multi-tasker that can record your screen, save the file, and immediately share it on various platforms. With Snagit, you can create influential screen recordings for various purposes.
- You can capture your screen
- You can capture both screenshots and videos
- Instant edit options, such as trim, crop and share, are available
- You can share the recording file on various apps and platforms
- Instant edit and share options are available
- The panoramic capture option is available
- There is an issue with image size adjustment
- Upgrade is not free
One of the most exemplary video grabbers is Screencast-O-Matic. This simple and intuitive tool is great at recording your device screen. You can create new, innovative videos with the capture and share them with anyone. The tool supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and even Android.
- You can capture your computer screen and webcam simultaneously
- The free recording option allows you to record up to 15 minutes for each video
- It offers excellent editing options
- An instant social media sharing option is available
- You can instantly record and edit videos
- The perfect software to record webinars, VLS, and online training
- Premium features are not free
- Cannot record high-resolution screen
11. VLC media player
VLC media player is free, open-source software that can play various multimedia files, including audio and video files, DVDs, CDs, and streaming protocols. It is available for multiple platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. VLC media player supports a wide range of codecs and formats and also allows users to capture desktop and webcam screens. To capture using a VLC media player, select “Open Capture Device” under the Media menu.
- You can play various file formats, including MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, WMV, MP3, AVI, MKV, etc.
- VLC provides advanced playback controls such as changing playback speed, subtitle syncing, audio equalizer, and other features
- VLC can record videos from your computer’s webcam or capture your screen
- Supporting a wide range of multimedia file formats
- VLC is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS
- Video recording is available
- VLC may sometimes lag while recording
- Its recording feature may not be as advanced as other dedicated screen recording software
Video grabber software allows users to save recorded files and watch them offline, anywhere and anytime. Choose the one that suits you best from the top 11 video grabber software discussed in this article. With video grabbers, you no longer need the Internet to watch your online meetings and tutorials.
1. How do I grab a video?
All you need to do is install the video grabber software that records your computer screen. Follow the simple steps outlined above to capture a video. → How to Download Any Video
2. Which is the best free video downloader?
You can choose from a variety of screen recorders. Check out the 11 best video grabbers introduced in this article to choose the one that’s right for you.