Are you a live streaming gamer? Or do you want to become the latest Internet sensation by live streaming on YouTube? In both cases, you would need a recorder to capture and share your live streams on platforms such as YouTube and Twitch. Live sports streaming is also high in demand. This could be beneficial in the long run if you are an instructor seeking to boost your team’s popularity by sharing the streams with audiences and/or improve your players’ skills by replaying and evaluating the matches.
Why do you need a streaming video recorder?
You might find yourself asking this question when you forget to watch “that one live stream that everyone is talking about.” To avoid missing out on the latest trend, recording or downloading a video stream will prove to be beneficial.
Certain professions use streaming video recorders on a regular basis. For instance, coaches, course instructors, and team leaders show live streams to their students or team members for apt analysis and discussion.
Beginning social media influences can utilize streaming video recorders to replay their streams and review any weaknesses that they can improve upon.
Streaming video recorders provide additional options to add text, effects, and webcam overlay, which can all be presented to a variety of audience members with ease and efficiency. A few, notable streaming video recorders are rocking the software world with their unique functions and features. This blog will introduce the best live stream recorders, along with their features and pros & cons.
Best Live Stream Recorders: Record and preserve the best moments
|Screen(video) recording||Webcam overlay||Auto Stop Recording||Scheduled recording||Drawing tool||Easy Interface|
|Windows game bar||O||X||X||X||X||O|
Bandicam is an advanced software that helps you record your PC screen. This high-end, lightweight screen recorder enables you to easily record live videos, games, and partial or entire PC screens. Bandicam rules out a screen capture with a high compression ratio, while also retaining the quality of the original piece. Compatible with the latest Windows 11 version, the application works fast and produces great results.
The Features of Bandicam
- A Facecam recording facility allows you to upload your live stream with your face visible in the corner of the screen. You can also enable Facecam while simultaneously recording your live stream.
- Auto Stop Recording options allow you to configure the recording time limit, recorded file size limit, silent duration limit, and shutdown of the system once the recording process is complete.
- Schedule recording options enable you to schedule daily, weekly, or monthly recordings without having to manually start the recording process each time.
- The drawing tool allows you to draw a text or highlight a specific part of the stream.
- The application can record for 24 hours without stopping.
- It can record multiple monitors simultaneously
- It has 3 different recording options: screen record, game record, and webcam record
- It enables a voice mixing facility
- The scheduled recording gives ultimate freedom to users
- Webcam overlay provides real-time recording options
It is compatible with Windows
2. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is an open-source software that helps you record live streams with ease. Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux, it offers free service to its users. The software is perfectly suitable for YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook-like social media giants. It also enables powerful API and various customized functions to meet your requirements.
The Features of OBS Studio
- Real-time video and audio capturing and mixing facilities are available.
- Custom transition helps you to set unlimited numbers of scenes.
- Streamline settings panels help configure broadcast recordings.
- The Modular Dock UI allows you to rearrange the layout.
- Various customized editing options
- It’s a free, open-source software
- The user interface is complicated
- Does not have a built-in real-time drawing tool
Screencast-O-Matic helps you create a screencast by capturing the screen, customizing your video with webcam and narration, and adding a professional look before uploading it to YouTube or Twitch.
The Features of Screencast-O-Matic
- It has a widescreen recording option for both personal and professional use.
- Its webcam overlay provides real-time recording.
- Built-in real-time drawing tool extends the edit options on the screen.
- Easy interface helps beginners practice and refine their skills.
- It has a stock library that allows you to choose any video based on your project.
- Host and share options are available
- The secure backup option is available
- Instant screen capture and ‘add annotation’ options are included
- No auto-stop recording option with the software
- No scheduled recording option
ShareX is a free, lightweight, and customizable tool that helps you edit videos, capture screens on a regional basis, and spread your work on various social media platforms. It’s an open-source tool that does not incorporate advertisements in order to ensure smooth editing of your video.
The Features of ShareX
- Its screen recording option comes with a region recording facility that allows you to record either a part or the entirety of your screen, depending on your needs and preferences.
- The easy sharing option ensures efficient uploading processes on various social media platforms.
- The scheduled recording option helps you to schedule your recording task.
- The interface is beginner-friendly.
- The easy sharing option lets you share on various social media platforms.
- It’s free and open-source
- It offers screen recording and capturing
- Instant sharing option
- No webcam overlay facility
- Auto-stop recording option not included
- No built-in drawing tool
5. Windows Game Bar
Windows Game Bar enables you to capture or record live streams without having to install external applications. Though it has limited options to record live streams, it provides a beginner-friendly interface where users can practice and refine their video recording skills. Note: the Game Bar must be set up before recording any video on the screen.
The Features of Windows Game Bar
- It can capture the video from your PC screen.
- It can capture screenshots.
- It’s easy to use for beginners.
- Free to use
- It can capture videos and screenshots
- No webcam overlay or auto-stop recording option
- Scheduled recording option not included
- No built-in drawing tool
By recording video streams, you can preserve the moments and replay them at any time in the future. You can also share them with family and friends, as well as various audience members on the Internet. Screen recording programs enable users to record video streams, download streaming videos, and capture live streaming online. Such programs provide vast service that perfectly suits the latest streaming trends. Utilize streaming recorders and save your favorite live videos, movies, films, and more.