You may want to record system audio from either a computer or microphone voice for various reasons; sometimes you may want to record from both. If you Google how to record audio or voice on a PC, it may be challenging to find an all-in-one software that allows you to record computer audio and/or microphone voice.
The good news is that Bandicam is the perfect software, offering both audio and microphone recording features all in one. This article will show you how to record microphone and computer audio with Bandicam.
How to record only computer audio
You can record any sound from a computer such as music, radio, Skype calls, or streaming audio broadcasts. With Bandicam, you can save the audio as a WAV file which is the highest quality audio. A WAV file is a lossless audio format that does not compress the original analog audio, while an mp3 is a digital audio file that has been compressed to a manageable size.
If you set the sound settings correctly in Bandicam and Windows, you can record all the sounds as a WAV file on a PC.
Step 1: Download Bandicam software and Start.
Key Features of Bandicam
- Record 4K and Ultra HD videos.
- Add a mouse click effect and animation.
- Webcam/Logo/Text overlay feature.
- Record the system audio and your voice at the same time.
- Draw and outline in real-time.
- Incredible gameplay recording.
Step 2: After checking the ‘Save audio tracks while recording‘ option, choose the case you want and follow the steps accordingly.
- Case 1. To record only audio from computer : Choose “(Default Output Device)” or speaker (or headphone) device as Speakers.
- Case 2. To record your voice only : Select “Disable” as the “Speakers” and select your microphone as the “Microphone”.
- Case 3. To record both computer sound and your voice : Select your speaker device and your microphone in the Bandicam Recording settings.
Step 3: Choose the ‘Rectangle on a screen’ menu and click the custom size. Set the Target size to 128 *100 which is the smallest size.
Step 4: Click the ● REC button or press the hotkey (F12) to start/stop the recording. The hotkey for the ‘Record/Stop’ functions can be set.
Step 5: Go to Home -> Video ->The output path is displayed. Click the path to see the audio file.
How to save a recorded video file as an audio file
If you already have a recorded video and want to save it as an MP3 file, Bandicut is the best software around. Bandicut Video editor has the features to rip or remove the audio from any video file including MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. Follow the simple steps to save videos in mp3 or remove the audio as explained below:
Step 1: Download Bandicut video editing software and Start.
Key Features of Bandicut
- Fast Video Cutter and Easy Video Joiner
- Cut certain parts of a video without re-encoding
- Convert video files to MP4 format
- Extract or remove audio from video
- Change the playback speed
Step 2: Open the video file that you would like to extract sound from, and click ‘Start’.
Step 3: Check the ‘Extract audio tracks (.mp3)’ option, and click ‘Start’ button. (If you want to remove sound from video, please check the ‘Remove audio tracks‘ option.)
Step 4: You will now get a new audio file (.mp3) that has been extracted from the video file.