Video editing takes a surprising amount of work: using a professional program, cutting your initial movie into smaller segments, and merging several files into a single clip might take days. Therefore, it is essential to find a suitable lightweight program that supports trimming features.
Do not worry; you can find the best choices here! There are many free video editors for trimming video files, but the key is figuring out which ones are worthwhile. Here are the top 7 suitable accessible video trimmers for PC or online.
Straightforward to use, Bandicut is the best free video trimmer. It allows users to cut, split, merge videos, and extract or remove mp3 audio files.
Bandicut supports High-Speed Mode. With [High-Speed mode], you can quickly cut/merge videos without converting (encoding) them and losing quality. Since there is no encoding in this high-speed mode, the editing speed is also breakneck.
Bandicut allows you to directly upload videos to YouTube or Vimeo. All you need to do is edit your video and upload it from the Bandicut window directly to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Almost all video file types are supported.
- Bandicut allows users to trim videos by frame.
- It supports changing playback speed.
- Video is processed in lossless quality.
- It also has an easy-to-use interface, making it suitable for beginners.
How to trim videos on PC
You may use Bandicut Video Trimmer to remove ads from a video or to present a short piece of footage from lengthy recordings. You can also trim any middle portion of a video if it is unnecessary. Simply cut, merge, or remove unwanted parts of your video with a few clicks.
2. DaVinci Resolve
The DaVinci Resolve is a video editor that integrates editing, color correction, visual effects, motion graphics, and audio post-production. DaVinci Resolve allows you to work more quickly and effectively, as you won’t have to master numerous applications or switch software for different tasks. This means that you’ll be able to work with high-resolution pictures captured by the camera during the whole procedure.
- It’s a great application for color grading, compositing, and sound editing.
- The free version of DaVinci Resolve works for most users.
- It’s available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Direct export to social media platforms is not supported.
- Due to fusion editing, the export option may not always work.
- The interface can be confusing for beginners.
Movavi Video Editor Plus is great and easy-to-use video editing software available for both Windows and macOS. It has a simple and user-friendly interface that’s perfect for beginners. With Movavi Video Editor Plus, you can trim, cut, and merge video clips, add special effects and filters, make transitions, and much more. One of the best things about Movavi Video Editor Plus is that it supports a wide range of popular video formats like AVI, MP4, WMV, and more.
- Built-in library of ready-made intros, sounds, music, and backgrounds
- Advanced video and audio editing features like automatic color adjustments, chroma key, motion tracking, PIP, reverberation, and more.
- The software supports both HD and 4K editing.
- The free version has a watermark in the output videos.
- Free users can save only half the audio length of the original file.
- Slow rendering process for longer videos
Are you looking for an online video trimmer? FlexClip is a web-based tool that offers an easy way to cut a clip of your choice from a video file. Whether you want to trim a video to meet social media requirements or smoothen the video combination, all you need to do is cut the video, preview it, and adjust it until you get the perfect length.
- Users can add animated text, logos, music, color-grading, and voice recordings, as well as export HD videos to social media.
- Its interface is easy and simple to use.
- It provides thousands of templates for users.
- The free version includes the FlexClip watermark.
- Free users can have a maximum of 12 projects with videos up to 1 minute in length.
- FlexClip doesn’t support the 4K video resolution.
5. Wondershare Filmora
The Wondershare Filmora video editor allows users to rotate, divide, trim, and apply special effects like picture-in-picture (PIP), mosaic blur, jump cut, etc. This software not only enables you to connect several films into a larger one, but it also allows you to merge two videos into one.
- Filmora includes tons of excellent video lessons to help you get the most out of its capabilities.
- The timeline editor is simple to use and has useful features like audio separation and green screen support.
- There are many presets and add-on filters available.
- The free trial version comes with a watermark.
- New effects every month are only for paid plans.
- There is no one-time payment option.
- Filmora may lag when editing multiple video tracks.
Clideo is an online video trimmer created by Softo that allows you to connect several videos simultaneously. It also supports almost all video formats. With Clideo, editing your video will take less than a minute. This tool works on both Windows and Mac.
- It is a simple and easy-to-use online video editing tool.
- You can add borders to the merged video.
- This free video joiner enables you to join an unlimited number of videos together.
- It only supports videos under 500MB.
- Saved videos in the free plan come with watermarks.
- You can only cut a video by seconds.
Lightworks is compatible with virtually all operating systems, including Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. This software is a cloud-based video editing program with advanced features and capabilities for producing films for social media, 4K film projects, Vimeo, and YouTube. The drag-and-drop technique in Lightworks makes it simple to modify pictures or clips.
- Lightworks is an excellent tool for YouTube video producers who wish to create and directly upload professional-looking videos.
- There is only one option for saving the project as an MP4, and there is a maximum resolution of 720p if you wish to upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- With its free edition, this tool is less appealing to those who use more popular output formats, such as AVI, MKV, WebM, and MOV.
Once you begin using the best free video joiner, trimming videos will become a quick and easy task. Therefore, when you choose a free video trimmer/cutter, it is important to base your decisions on the software’s features. You might want to use a video editing program or online tool to combine videos, audio, and pictures into a larger video, or display videos and images side-by-side on the screen. Unlimited to these tasks, expand your imagination even further using Free Video Trimmer.