If your graphics card supports AMD App Acceleration, you will be able to enhance the recording ability of Bandicam by using the GPU of the graphics card.
Bandicam 1.9.2 or a higher version supports the AMD APP H.264 encoder, so Bandicam users can record the target in high speed, with a high compression ratio, and in high quality.
How to use the AMD APP H.264 encoder
1. Download/install the latest AMD video card driver
- Go to http://support.amd.com/
, and download/install the latest AMD video card driver.
- AMD Catalyst 13.10 beta or a higher version supports the H.264 encoder. (Catalyst 13.9 or lower versions don't support the H.264 encoder.)
2. Choose the "H.264 (AMD APP)" option from Bandicam
- Click the Settings button under the Video tab of Bandicam, then choose the "H.264 (AMD APP)
- H.264 (AMD APP) is one of the most commonly used formats for the recording, compression, and distribution of high definition video. (View the comparison of video codecs of Bandicam
- 1 VBR (Variable bitrate) - Quality-based: VBR allows a higher bitrate for faster scenes and a lower bitrate for slower scenes, as a result, the recorded video size can be made smaller. (Recommended)
- 2 CBR (Constant Bitrate) - Bitrate-based: CBR always uses the same bitrate, as a result, you can predict the video file size (But, the recorded video size might be larger.)
- 3 FourCC code: To play the recorded video on media players, choose "H264". To edit the recorded video with Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere with the AVI container, choose "X264".
- 4 Keyframe interval: If you choose "150" as the Keyframe interval, keyframes will be created every 150 frames.
If you cannot see the "H.264 (AMD APP)" option from Bandicam...
Please try the solutions below:
1. "H.264 (AMD APP)" is available on Windows Vista/7/8/10.
- If you use 'Windows XP', the "H.264 (AMD APP)" menu will not be shown.
2. AMD APP H.264 encoder is available in the Bandicam 1.9.2 or a higher version.
- Download the latest Bandicam program from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/
3. Update your graphics card driver.
- AMD Catalyst 13.10 beta or a higher version supports the H.264 encoder.
- "AMD Driver Autodetect" won't let you download the latest graphics card driver.
- Please download the latest AMD video card driver from http://support.amd.com/
4. Identify the model of an AMD graphics card.
If your graphics card supports "VIDEO CODEC ENGINE (VCE)
", you can use the AMD APP H.264 encoder.
Please visit http://www.amd.com/
to check if your graphics card supports "VIDEO CODEC ENGINE (VCE)
- Desktop: HD 7700 or higher AMD graphics cards (HD 7700/7800/7970/7990, R7 250X/260/260X/265/360/370, R9, RX 460/470/480, Firepro, etc.) support the AMD H.264 encoder.
- Desktop: HD 7600 or lower AMD graphics cards (HD 7900, R5 2xx/3xx/4xx, R7 240/250/340/350, 6xxx, HD 5xxx, or HD 4xxx, etc.) don't support the AMD H.264 encoder.
- Laptop: HD 7700M/7800M/7900M/8830M/8850M/8870M supports the AMD H.264 encoder.
- Laptop: HD 7300M/7400M/7500M/7600M/8500M/8600M/8700M/8800M/8900M, and R5/R7/R9 M200 series don't support the AMD H.264 encoder.
5. Uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
Right-click on Banicam -> Properties -> Compatibility -> and uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" (» Screenshot
If this option is checked, the "H.264 (AMD APP)" menu will not be shown.
6. If you still can't see the "H.264 (AMD APP)" option,
Please download http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/gpu-z.exe
and send your graphics card information to email@example.com (» Screenshot
- Nvidia NVENC HEVC/H.264 Encoder
- Nvidia CUDA H.264 Encoder
- Intel® Quick Sync Video HEVC/H.264 Encoder
- AMD APP H.264 Encoder