Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Can't record full screen games.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:22 pm

We don't have a good solution this issue because we could record Star Wars: Battlefront II.

We will send some old versions of Bandicam to your email address.

CommanderAwesome

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:40 am

Hm... I tried the oldest version in the e-mail and I still have the same problem with DirectX/OpenGL window mode, it did not start recording when I pressed the hot key, nor were there any fps numbers, even when the game was windowed, and the program give no indications the the window was selected. I also tried Rectangle mode, it worked, but was laggy to the extent where the game was unplayable. I can assure you that there is no problem with the game, and is the same game as before (Star Wars: Battlefront II).

It may be a bit of an odd question, but is there any chance that the problem is with my video card? It's not exactly "top of the line". (It's an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset, specifically.)

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:52 am

Hm... I tried the oldest version in the e-mail and I still have the same problem with DirectX/OpenGL window mode, it did not start recording when I pressed the hot key, nor were there any fps numbers, even when the game was windowed, and the program give no indications the the window was selected. I also tried Rectangle mode, it worked, but was laggy to the extent where the game was unplayable. I can assure you that there is no problem with the game, and is the same game as before (Star Wars: Battlefront II).

It may be a bit of an odd question, but is there any chance that the problem is with my video card? It's not exactly "top of the line". (It's an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset, specifically.)
If I may pop back in, you may be correct [with the limitation from your videocard]... Using a little different searching terms on your issue, I found there were others having problems running this game, some at all.
Another game around the same time, Battlefield 2, gave people with your chipset/videocard problems as well. There was apparently some hardware limitations (Transform and Lighting capabilities, some said):
http://www.techspot.com/community/topic ... lem.84081/
And a year later, people with that chipset had problems with Star Wars: Empire At War:
http://eaw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/foru ... 47,150,all

If you have a dedicated/stand-alone vidcard that you could throw in to test (borrowing one from a friend's system temporarily, etc) then you would know for sure... I hope something turns up for you!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:07 pm

I also tried Rectangle mode, it worked, but was laggy to the extent where the game was unplayable.
If you record the game screen in Windows 8, you will get a better result.

CommanderAwesome

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:53 am

If I may pop back in, you may be correct [with the limitation from your videocard]... Using a little different searching terms on your issue, I found there were others having problems running this game, some at all.
Another game around the same time, Battlefield 2, gave people with your chipset/videocard problems as well. There was apparently some hardware limitations (Transform and Lighting capabilities, some said):
http://www.techspot.com/community/topic ... lem.84081/
And a year later, people with that chipset had problems with Star Wars: Empire At War:
http://eaw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/foru ... 47,150,all

If you have a dedicated/stand-alone vidcard that you could throw in to test (borrowing one from a friend's system temporarily, etc) then you would know for sure... I hope something turns up for you!
In my experience, Empire at War causes the card to crash, the Battlefront games, however, run fine on their own, it is only when I try the rectangle mode that it gets laggy, (I have the graphics on the lowest setting on both games, by the way).
I also tried Rectangle mode, it worked, but was laggy to the extent where the game was unplayable.
If you record the game screen in Windows 8, you will get a better result.
My PC runs Windows XP, unfortunately.

Climatee

Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:41 am

I'm having the same problem, only I'm using a laptop and also running windows 10. I'm also running the same game Star wars battlefront 2. The Green fps meter is in the top left, but the hot key wont work.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”