GrindedStone

Game Crashes Video Ruined

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Okay So We Record 18Gb Of Game Footage, The Game Crashes, Now Bandicam Is Stuck Recording A Window That Isn't There Anymore. The Only Thing I know To Do Is Hit The Stop Button. That Breaks The Video, And It Will No Longer Play. I've Had This Problem With Bandicam For Years So It Isn't Just A Single 18Gb Broken Video. It's Hundreds Of Videos, Broken Because Bandicam Doesn't Know To Stop Recording A Window That Is No Longer There. Is There Anything That Can Be Done About This? I've Repaired Some Videos Before, But It's Choppy & Still Ruined. Thanks. :D

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Game Crashes Video Ruined

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Hello,

Actually 'Game Recording' mode of Bandicam already has the auto stop function when the recording target is lost.
In most cases it works correctly, however, there are a few cases where the problem might occur as Bandicam cannot receive the information that the game had been closed.
You can try Bandifix if your output type is .AVI, but unfortunately we cannot solve the problem for broken .MP4 files at this moment.
We will try to find the solution for your issue in the future.

At this moment, we recommend you use the Auto Complete Recording function to save files safely when you record for a long time.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”