Peabrain

"Record" button not reacting

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi

The "Record" function seems to have stopped working.

I can choose the target, it displays in the target window and the "Record" is highlighted, but when clicking the "Record" button nothing happens.

If the process and target is recognized by Bandicam, shouldn't it be able to also record it?

I've tried a couple of games (using the "hooking" method), some of which I know worked before, but it doesn't seem to work.

I'm not doing anything differently from how I did it before when it worked, so I have no idea what's going on.

What comes to mind is a recent Bandicam update, because I don't think I had this issue before that.

TIA

P

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: "Record" button not reacting

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 am

Hello,

1. Which games are you trying to record? Could you tell us the game name?

2. You have to use 'Rectangle on a screen' capture mode to record flash games (or some java games)

Best Regards,
Bandicam

Peabrain

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi

Using the "DirectX/OpenGL window" as target, I've tried to record:

- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Dragon Age 2
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I was able to record all of them before by using this method, now none of them work.

I'm using the latest version of Bandicam and I haven't changed anything in my hardware or software setup since it worked.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit, using Mircosoft Security Essentials and graphics card is a GeForce GTX 480 with latest Nvidia WHQL driver (285.62).

TIA

P

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your detailed information.

1. Can you see the green FPS numbers when you play the game?
=> If you cant', it can be the DirecX and graphic card driver problem.
=> Related FAQ: http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_fps_fra ... nd_number/

2. Can you see the red FPS numbers when you record the game?
=> Game recording tutorial: http://www.bandicam.com/product/how_to_ ... _gameplay/

I'll also try the game you mentioned.

Peabrain

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:01 am

Hi again,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, I can see the green FPS numbers overlay when Bandicam has found the target process and I toggle back into the game. Also, as you mention DirectX; I already tried to update it, but when I had downloaded the installer from Microsoft and started it, I was informed that my system was already running the latest version of DirectX. So as far as I know, my DirectX is up to date.

2. No, I can't see the FPS numbers turn red when recording as I can't record to begin with.

It's very strange, because when the target process is found, the "Record" button is highlighted and I can even click it. The "pressing" animation of the button even shows, so it's as if it's reacting to my clicking it, but it's just the actual recording process that doesn't seem start for some reason.

Everything looks exactly as it did when it was working before, the only difference is that it doesn't start to record when clicking the Record button.

Also, I have tried using the record hotkey instead of clicking the record and I've also tried changing the record hotkey to something else than the default "F12" key...but the problem remains.

P

Peabrain

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:52 am

Hello,

I can now add the following to my troubleshooting list:

Uninstalled the latest version of Bandicam and installed the older version 1.6.1.113.

However, even with the older version of Bandicam, the issue remains with the same games as before:

- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Dragon Age 2
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Still can't record any of them since Bandicam does not start recording when pressing the "Record" button.

P

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Hello Peabrain,

We have tried the Deus Ex: Human Revolution game, but we couldn't reproduce your problem.
we can record the game without any problems.

Your symptom is really weird.
We have no idea about your problems.

Can you record other DirectX/OpenGL programs like Windows Media Player or iTunes?
Do you have an administrator's authority?

We're afraid that we couldn't solve your problem.

Peabrain

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:17 am

Hi

I do have administrator rights and I'm set as such.

Don't know about iTunes (don't use it), but I can record from Windows Media Player (by clicking on the target window) without any problems. Clicking the record button will make Bandicam record and I can watch the output video.

I guess Windows Media Player proves that it works, question is of course why it doesn't with DirectX/OpenGL games?

P

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:18 am

Hello,

We think your system is not stable.
You have to re-install DirectX and Graphic Card driver to solve the problem. However, it didn't work.
(Re-installing your OS may solve the problem, but it may be difficult for you)

We are sorry that we couldn't give you a good answer.
You problem is related with the OS/DirectX/Graphic Card.

We will add your case in our bug list and try to solve this problem in the future.

Best Regards,
Bandicam

Peabrain

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi again,

If my system is unstable, then I'm not quite sure how Fraps can record Deus Ex: HR, DA2 as well as SWTOR?

I installed the trial version of Fraps and it recorded all these games without any problems whatsoever.

Does Fraps use a completely different method than Bandicam? Because when using it, I got the impression that it also targeted the process/game and recorded through DirectX/OpenGL?

I'm just wondering how Fraps can work perfectly and Bandicam can't even start to record? If my system is unstable I mean?

P

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”