Schother

Game crashing when stopping recording

Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:38 am

Hi,

I just tried the newest Bandicam version with improved Directx12 hooking options.
First of all thanks for that, it's appreciated that this topic finally got addressed.

However if I know start Assasssins Creed Valhalla the hooking indeed works well, however if I start recording and then stop it again, the game immediately crashes. I tried it several times and its a constant happening.

Can you please have a look into that and fix?

Many thanks

Dami

Re: Game crashing when stopping recording

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:21 am

Hi there, do you play AC: Valhalla through Steam? If so, right-click the game in your library and go to properties. Once there, disable (uncheck) "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" and try recording again. I hope this helps.

Schother

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi there, do you play AC: Valhalla through Steam? If so, right-click the game in your library and go to properties. Once there, disable (uncheck) "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" and try recording again. I hope this helps.
Hi,

Thanks for the tipp, but I'm playing it through Ubisoft Connect.
I also tried disabling the ingame overlay from them but still the game crashes as soon as I stop the recording.

Btw. I'm also not able to record anything in Mass Effect Legendary Edition (the first game).
The game immediately crashes.

So I hope the devs can have a look and further improve it.

Dami

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 am

Indeed, thanks for bringing it to their attention and I hope it is resolved soon!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”