Nevermind54

Multiple Displays but changes display

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:22 am

I've used Bandicam for 2 years with no issues with 4 monitors. However, I'm now using Bandicam on a new PC since that other PC died.

So I've always had top right display for Bandicam. And I set Scheduled Recording for top right (let's call Display 3), and Full Screen also shows Display 3 Windows settings agree that top right is 3.

However, for some strange reason, Bandicam considers top LEFT as Display 3 and records there. Windows settings consider that as Display 4. And this is arbitrary. Sometimes it records the top left, sometimes the top right.

What's causing the conflict? Thanks.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Displays but changes display

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:18 pm

Hello Nevermind54,

It might be a bit confusing but "Display 1" on Bandicam does not always mean the Display number [1] on the Windows display settings.
For example, If you set the Display number [2] as the primary display, Bandicam recognizes it as the "Display 1".
We are sorry that we are not able to test the 4 monitors issue since we have no 4 monitors system at this moment.

Thank you.

Nevermind54

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:40 pm

Can you test with two monitors? Do you know why bandicam kept getting the "wrong" monitor?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Hello Nevermind54,

Bandicam always recognizes the primary(main) display as "Display 1" even if the number of the display shown in the Windows Display settings is "2".

Thank you.

Nevermind54

Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:42 am

I see your point now.
How do I know which monitor is Display 1 in Windows?
Would rearranging monitors cables be a solution?
Or moving monitors around in Windows Display?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Hello Nevermind54,

"Display 1" in Bandicam is the monitor which you checked "Make this my main display" option in Windows display settings menu.
If you select the full screen recording mode in Bandicam and select "Display 1", "Display 2", "Display 3", and "Display 4" in Bandicam menu, you can see the red rectangle frame on the corresponding monitor screen.

Thank you.

Nevermind54

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:52 pm

That's correct. That's what I've done for years. It has always been Display 3 in my old PC. And prior to recording I select "always show control bar". And all my recordings are set for Display 3. My issue is that It just switches between Display 3 and 4 in the new PC. Just an annoying issue, that's all.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”