richie9mt

Capturing DVD Video Clip?

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:16 am

I have a DVD of a TV series; I want to save one of the episodes on the disk. I tried playing it full-screen and capturing with Bandicam but I only get the audio. The full-screen is blank. I tried a test with the clip not-full-screen and Bandicam is capturing my desktop and taskbar and the audio/soundtrack but the windowed clip is black. :(

I tried a Search here but I suck at Searches.

My setup is Win 7 SP1 and Bandicam 5.1.1.1837 registered.

Is it possible to capture the video from a DVD file? I did try copying the disk to my HDD and then running Bandicam but the results were the same. I've also tried a half-dozen VOB cutters/editors and they all failed for various reasons.

How to capture from a DVD??? I can capture from YouTube OK and other online videos but not from my own video...

Thank You! :)

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Capturing DVD Video Clip?

Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Hello,

Please refer to the following FAQ page.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/black_scr ... o_problem/

Thank you.

richie9mt

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:52 am

Thank you for your reply! I checked the FAQ and tried the Video Setting of H264. That worked for the video capture. But the capture is rather 'choppy'. I can live with it. There was no Xvid.

The FAQ also states to use the latest version of Bandicam. Mine is only two months old. I would upgrade it but I don't see a definitive statement on whether it needs to be uninstalled and the new version installed or whether the previous version can simply be overwritten.

I am hesitant to replace a working version with one I'm not sure about.

Uninstall or overwrite???

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:08 pm

Hello richie9mt,

The Xvid codec appears when you select AVI for file format.
Uninstall or overwrite???
You don't need to uninstall. Just overwrite the program to update to the latest version of Bandicam.

Thank you.

richie9mt

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:34 pm

Thank you very much for your help! I appreciate it! ;)

I tried a one minute capture using .AVI/Xvid and another using MP4/Mpeg-4 and found there was no noticeable difference in length or apparent quality. (Both still somewhat choppy but no screen freezes or pixielation).

I forgot to mention my computer, which probably affects capture considerably -

- Dell Latitude D630 laptop w/2.2gb dual-core Merom cpu
- 5gb DDR2 RAM
- Intel mobile 965 Express GPU
- 160gb HDD
- Windows 7 SP1

I will upgrade Bandicam and continue my experimentation. This is a whole new area of interest for me, not just capturing DVD segments but video capture of all kinds.

Thanks again! I'm sure I will be back for more advice! :mrgreen:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:45 pm

Hello richie9mt,

Thank you for your reply.
Please try the solutions on the linked page.
Lag/Lagging: Computer lag, my computer runs slowly
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

Thank you.

richie9mt

Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:16 pm

I had downloaded Bandicam v5.2.1.1860 thinking it was the latest but the popup msg says it is 64bit only. It redirects to v5.1.1.1837 for 32bit Windows but that page says "Bandicam 5.1.1 and Bandicut 3.1.5 are the final versions for 32-bit Windows".

So 32 bit Bandicam development has ceased??? Disappointing... :(

Too many of my favorite programs are 32bit only. For some, I can only use Windows XP as programs were written expressly for that version and don't work correctly in Windows 7/8/10. So I have DVD editing, capture, and shrinking programs on a separate HDD/laptop using Windows XP and another laptop/HDD with Windows 7 for Bandicam (and others like PowerDVD).

I will miss Bandicam as I am just getting used to it, but I guess I can try others. ;)

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”