zzzhhh

How to automatically set the recording area to an application?

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:41 am

It is easy to interactively set the recording area to a running application, say, Zoom, if the user is sitting in front of the screen. But is it possible to have Bandicam automatically detect the window position of a particular running application and set the recording area to it?

PS: I'm using Windows 10
PS2, I'm having a 4K screen, but Zoom windows only occupies a small portion of it, so to save disk capacity I only wanna record the Zoom window, instead of Fullscreen mode which records the whole screen.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: How to automatically set the recording area to an application?

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:30 pm

Hello zzzhhh,

Unfortunately, the current version of Bandicam doesn't support the automatically recording function when the certain app (such as Zoom) is running.

However you can do it manually if you know the position and the size of the Zoom window for the scheduled Zoom meeting in advance.
Please refer to the following page and try the Scheduled Recording function.

How to schedule a screen recording
https://www.bandicam.com/how-to-start-r ... ific-time/

Thank you for your suggestion!

zzzhhh

Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:09 am

Windows can remember the position of Zoom and Zoom let Windows position it, so I just fixed the recording window and Bandicam can record needed portion of the screen.

But this expedient solution fails if Zoom meeting switches to other people's screen than the holder's. So I still hope Bandicut can cut specially, so that I can record the whole screen and safely crop the Zoom window that I need.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:29 pm

Hello zzzhhh,

We've forwarded your request to Bandicut development team.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”