Gawdzilla

Any way to hear my voice in headphones while recording?

Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 am

Hey there. This has probably been asked before, but I didn't find it through search.

Quick question: Is there a way to hear my voice in the headphone when recording? I have a desk mic, and the game audio, and both record just fine. But while I'm recording all I hear in the headphones is the game audio -- not what I'm saying in the mic.

I can hear myself talking "outside" the headphones, of course, but there's no way to monitor my voice in real time. After recording, it happens a lot that my recorded voice is a little poppy, or sounds uneven, or distorts a bit -- things that I would notice, and adjust for, while recording.

I'm using the Speakers & Microphone two sound mixing setting. Again, both game audio and my audio come through okay in the recording, but while recording my voice doesn't come through the headphones, only the game audio does.

Any tips are much appreciated.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Any way to hear my voice in headphones while recording?

Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:46 am

Hello,

To hear your voice while recording, please select "(Default Output Device)" as the Speakers and "Disable" as the Microphone and go to the Recording tab of Windows, right-click on Microphone, select Properties, and then check "Listen to this device" option, and try recording.

Gawdzilla

Wed May 05, 2021 6:46 am

That works perfectly, thank you!

Now I just have to work on my voice, but that's a me problem -- not a technical one.

Appreciate the very thorough step-by-step instructions.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu May 06, 2021 12:19 pm

Hello,

We are glad to hear that the issue has been solved.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”