FoxTwo

New versions of Bandicam unable to record Ghost Recon Wildlands

Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:20 am

Hi, this is sort of a weird problem.

Bandicams versions released in 2020 seem to be unable to record Ghost Recon Wildlands (2017 game). I know it was possible before because I have recorded it before.

PROBLEM - When the record video hotkey is pressed, the FPS counter blinks once, and doesn't go red. No recorded video file is present when I exit the game too.

So long story short - after troubleshooting, the "newest" version of Bandicam that can record successfully is v4.4.3.1557. Any version AFTER this exhibits that behaviour I mentioned above. From v4.5.4.1624 onwards (this is the "next newer one" I have to v4.4.3.1557), pressing the record hotkey in Ghost Recon Wildlands will give that behaviour. The FPS counter continues to work, by the way. Just that video can't be recorded.

So yes, current version v5.0.1.1799 also can't record Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: New versions of Bandicam unable to record Ghost Recon Wildlands

Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:24 pm

Hello FoxTwo,

We were able to recreate your issue and forwarded our development team.

Thank you for your report.

ElectroStingz

Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:30 am

Hello,

I haven't tested older versions however with v5.0.1.1799 I have the same issue.

When playing Ghost Recon Wildlands the screen FPS counter shows in green top left but when I press my record button nothing happens, it does not change to red and there is no recording.

Switching Bandicam out of Game Recording Mode to Screen Recording Mode works, obvisously no FPS counter but its a work around.

FoxTwo

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:16 am

Hello,

I haven't tested older versions however with v5.0.1.1799 I have the same issue.

When playing Ghost Recon Wildlands the screen FPS counter shows in green top left but when I press my record button nothing happens, it does not change to red and there is no recording.

Switching Bandicam out of Game Recording Mode to Screen Recording Mode works, obvisously no FPS counter but its a work around.
Yes, in screen recording mode every version works. The point is that somewhere after 4.5.0, seems like Bandicam changed the rendering/recording method and this broke older games. Old versions of Bandicam works fine (like I said, up to v4.5.0).

Today, American Truck Simulator (v1.4.0) changed thier lighting engine and now this old Bandicam version 4.5.0 seems to be unable to record the game (resulting video file is all messed up). Will need to do more tests before making a report.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”