mfhansen82

Webcam and voice audio out of sync

Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:10 pm

Dear Bandicam,

I have a very old Creative Live Cam Optia with a resolution of 640x480 @ 30fps, that I record to a separate file. I record everything else at 60 fps. There consequently seem to be around 30-45 frames of de-sync between the voice audio and the webcam recording. It was my understanding that Bandicam should sync up the webcam and game/voice audio up nicely, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I don't seem to recall having this problem before even with this old webcam, be I will also admit that it has been a while since I last recording with a webcam overlay.

It is not a huge problem to sync up the webcam with the rest of the audio in post, but I am just asking to know whether this is a bug or a consequence of recording at different fps, using a antiquated usb webcam or maybe even something else.

My specs are:
Intel i7 8700 @ 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
Asus Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
Recording to a dedicated 7200 rpm hdd
Using Bandicam version 5.0.0 1796 (Because of sample rate issues with 1799)

Sincerely,
Michael Hansen

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Webcam and voice audio out of sync

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello mfhansen82

Please refer to the following FAQ page to solve the sync issue.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/audio-sync-delay/

Thank you.

dreamern93

Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:00 am

Unfortunately, it just wont help. As soon as you put Webcam recording as a separate file - the sound is out of sync. Please, Bandicam, there are hundreds of posts like this on this forum. Please fix it!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:06 pm

Hello dreamern93,

Please refer to the following FAQ page to solve the sync issue.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/audio-sync-delay/
If the above does not solve the audio sync problem, please record your Bandicam and Windows sound settings, and then send the video file to bandicam@bandicam.com
Thank you.

Abigayle

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:27 am

On Win7, it's under Control Panel->Hardware & Sound->Manage Audio Devices->Recording. There, select your microphone, then Properties->Advanced. There you can change the sampling rate. If changing the sampling rate doesn't help, then you can only try another webcam software, or record the audio independently.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”