ihavenoidea

Bandicam won't record Minecraft properly

Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:05 am

I've had to deal with lag spikes in an older version of Bandicam but since nobody is replying to me on that post, I'll just post this instead.

I've updated to the latest version of Bandicam (4.6.2) and I tried to fix the problem where it won't record Minecraft the way it should. Basically, I use Screen Recording Mode to record Minecraft, and when I press record, the timer will stay on 00:00, but if I click onto maybe Bandicam's window, the timer goes normally and I can go back to Minecraft but the timer stops again like as if I paused it (but I obviously didn't). Yeah, it's hard to explain but if you were next to me while it was happening, you would know what I'm talking about. :P

Anyway, I'm going to see if it does the same thing with Roblox (it might act diffrently though since I'm pretty sure Roblox uses DirectX and Minecraft uses OpenGL but we'll see).

And like always here is my settings -
https://i.imgur.com/bRxRWIy.png

And my computer specs -

Intel Pentium CPU B960 2.20 GHz
Intel HD Graphics (Sandy Bridge)
8 GB RAM DDR3
Windows 10 Home
Last edited by ihavenoidea on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ihavenoidea

Re: Bandicam won't record Minecraft properly

Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:33 am

Ok, I did some testing on Roblox and it doesn't seem to be as bad as Minecraft, but the timer still stops for a few seconds but it will try to catch up to get to the right number (unlike in Minecraft where the timer never tries to catch up).

ihavenoidea

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:34 pm

I went back to Bandicam version 2.0.2, limited my Minecraft FPS and all my problems are solved!

ihavenoidea

Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:39 pm

Oh yeah, there's something else I need to know-

When I record with my microphone (it was built-in my laptop) the timer stays on 0:00:00. But when I remove it, the timer works normally. Does that mean there is something wrong with my microphone drivers or would I be able to connect a headset or external microphone and the problem will go?

Luke Hughes

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:13 pm

lag when recording minecraft videos used to happen to me but since i downloaded Buraya another minecraft version at modsuper it was able to fix it

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”