lostprophet

My opinion: Bandicam lags more than Fraps

Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I tried out the trial version of Bandicam 1.7.0 a few days ago, hoping it lags less than Fraps, but in my case Fraps was the winner. I know Bandicam can save me a lot of time by not needing conversion and the lag is not THAT annoying, but it bugs my eye.

My specs are:[/u]
Pentium DualCore E6700 (@ 3.2Ghz)
2 GB DDR2 RAM
ATI HD3850
Games run at 1152x864

Which settings are recommended for Youtube HD @ 720p? MPEG-1 or XviD?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: My opinion: Bandicam lags more than Fraps

Fri May 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Hello lostprophet,

Thank you for visiting Bandicam forum.

Recording lag can be different depending on the test system environment (CPU, HDD, recording target...)
Usually Bandicam has less lag than Fraps, but in a certain case, Fraps has less lag than Bandicam.
(Especially, if you use lock framerate function or old version of Fraps (lock framerate to 30), Fraps can have a less lag than Bandicam.)

Here are some tests of Bandicam
- https://www.bandicam.com/company/sdk/ba ... benchmark/ (Bandicam-Fraps)

The best settings for YouTube is using the default settings of Bandicam - Full size, MPEG-1

Thank you for your reports
We will do our best to offer the best recording experience.

Psyoletic

Sun May 08, 2011 12:33 am

Hi everyone,

I tried out the trial version of Bandicam 1.7.0 a few days ago, hoping it lags less than Fraps, but in my case Fraps was the winner. I know Bandicam can save me a lot of time by not needing conversion and the lag is not THAT annoying, but it bugs my eye.

My specs are:[/u]
Pentium DualCore E6700 (@ 3.2Ghz)
2 GB DDR2 RAM
ATI HD3850
Games run at 1152x864

Which settings are recommended for Youtube HD @ 720p? MPEG-1 or XviD?
Hi Lostprophet,

I think you could have your settings miss matched as Bandicam in my opinion out performs Fraps within a heartbeat. Fraps still has yet to implement AVI 2.0 and capturing raw .AVI to an averaged specified computer like yours would certainly suggest Bandicam is the winner. What is the size of your hard drive(s)?

Are you sure the settings you use in Fraps are the same in Bandicam?

Regards

lostprophet

Sun May 08, 2011 3:22 am

My HDD is 320 GB, I regularly clean and defrag all my partitions. There's 30 GB free space on the drive I save my gameplay videos.
Maybe it has something to do with the game's engine (Alpha Protocol uses Unreal 3 and it's a bit buggy), but as I stated above, Fraps did a better job on capturing.
Fraps did slow the game A BIT down but it was continuous, compared to Bandicam, which lagged every 3-4 seconds (MPEG-1 and quality on 100%, fullscreen on 1152x864).
Although I like Bandicam's interface and the whole product better :)

wesway

Thu May 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Bandicam by far the superior screen capture program out there that i regret having used fraps for my previous projects. Bandicam has the video compression codecs options and resolution selections better then fraps and does great job with rectangle box capture feature anywhere on screen !!! I love Bandicam .. you can't do screen capture projects without it !!

bandicam - 9 out of 10 stars
fraps - 5 out of 10 stars.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”