maqqy96

Click Target Window error

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:46 am

I'll admit on the onset that I don't know much about the ins and outs of how video recording works. I tend to leave settings alone for the reason. However, Bandicam has been so buggy for me in the past and will randomly refuse to work for no apparent reason, then suddenly start working again.

I've been trying to record some playthrough bits from Dragon Age: Inquisition. This was working perfectly fine a week ago. Then last night, it stopped working again. I checked for an update for Bandicam, saw there was one, and immediately downloaded it. Restarted Bandicam and the game, and once again, no recording. When I open the game, normally there's a little something under the Game Recording Mode button that tells you what game it's recording from. However, mine simply states 'Please Click the Recording Target Window'. Nothing I click on will make it recognize the game, however, and changing whether the game is windowed or full screen does nothing. The little green FPS indicator still shows up on the game, and I can f10 it all over the screen, but f11 and f12 do nothing.

So I tried opening another game (fallout 4, dragon age: origins, and mass effect 2), and it recognizes all of them. However, when I click record, it gives me an audio error: "Failed to start audio capture". I went through the entire FAQ, did what I could, updated all my drivers the best I could, and still nothing.

I'll be blunt: ever since I paid money for this program, it's given me nothing but grief. It seems like whenever ANYTHING on my computer is 'updated', Bandicam throws a fit and refuses to work for weeks. This particular problem has just been driving me up the wall, however. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Click Target Window error

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Hello!

Please download Bandicam 3.2.2 which has been released today.
- Download: https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/
(You may not have the hooking issue with Bandicam 3.2.2.)

Please let us know your result.

erikwfg

Re: Click Target Window error

Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:52 am

Just to let people know, I had a similar issue with the "target window" thing. The download link for 3.2.2 fixed the problem (so it seems). However, you must use that link for now, because the update option on bandicam says 3.2.1 is the latest version.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”