HippeusTheRed

Recognition Problems

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm having a hard time getting Bandicam to recognize certain programs as recordable. Among these are Metro 2033 and Skyrim. When I have Bandicam activated and open them, Bandicam has not registered their presence and asks me to click on a window. However, if I run bandicam after they start, then it recognizes them but I am unable to record because the game was started first. I have the latest version, and paid for it. What's going wrong and how can I fix it?

EDIT: Other games, like Borderlands or Minecraft work absolutely brilliantly.
EDIT 2: I have triple checked to make sure all my drivers are up to date. I am using Windows 7 with an Nvidia 550 GeForce.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Recognition Problems

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Hello HippeusTheRed,

You have to run Bandicam before the game.
(We could record Metro 2033 and Skyrim without any problems.)

For more information, see http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_fps_fra ... nd_number/

If you still can't record the game, please let us know the following information.
1. Can you see the green FPS numbers?
2. Can you see the red FPS numbers when you are recording
3. Can you get the recorded video file in your saving folder? (Click Open button under the General tab)

HippeusTheRed

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:54 pm

As I said before, whenever I run Bandicam before the game, it does not register with the game and nothing shows up. I have looked through that FAQ section and done everything to fix this, but it continues to be the same.

Oh, and not any of the numbered things. No green frames, no red frames, no movies saved in the file. I have it arranged as to where the overlay of the frames is toggleable, so whenever I start a game recording I always toggle them around. I have also tab-alt out of the games to see Bandicam wants me to click on a window when using the "Target OpenGL/DirectX" option. But if I do run the game before I run Bandicam, the green frames show up but I am aware this is not a viable option for recording.

My video card driver and DirectX have been reinstalled at the latest version and I am using the latest update to Bandicam.

And I have tried out other recording options, FRAPS can run it fine.

HippeusTheRed

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:43 pm

I saw another thread where a user had a similar problem and was linked to the 1.6 version of Bandicam, I downloaded and installed that. Skyrim works absolutely fine, Metro 2033 I haven't tested.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:01 am

Hello HippeusTheRed,

If you have no problem with the 1.6 version, it might be the version problem.

Please download the latest version of Bandicam at http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

The current version is 1.7.5.166

HippeusTheRed

Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:01 am

I updated to the latest version and I am now having the problem again. I have reverted back to 1.6, now I'm having the problem that another user was having here http://www.bandicam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=340. My drivers and directX are all up to date, I checked again.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Hello,

My colleagues have tested Skyrim too, but they also couldn't reproduce your symptom.

We are afraid that we couldn't solve your problem.

Please use the old version of Bandicam

Thank you for sharing your problem.

Best Regards,
Bandicam Team

Peabrain

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Please use the old version of Bandicam
HippeusTheRed just told you the older version of Bandicam didn't work.

I'm the customer having the same problem as described in this thread.

As I mentioned in my own thread, the demo version of Fraps is recording just fine, so it's obviously not as simple as there just being a stability problem with our systems, or else why would Fraps work perfectly?

Sorry HippeusTheRed, don't mean to highjack your thread, but I'm seeing you getting the same treatment as I did on this issue. Just want to make sure Bandisoft takes this problem seriously, as it seems we might both sitting on purchased software unable to perform its primary function, which is to record.

P

cadc

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:25 am

I'm not having quite as bad of an issue as you as I only have trouble detecting 1 game, and some trouble with Bandicam detecting parts of some games, but the issue remains the same, why can fraps detect games so much better than Bandicam?

If we can get to the bottom of that issue, then we would have solved all these problems.

I think Bandicam should be reworked from the ground up on its game detection methods, and perhaps emulate the way that Fraps does it, I'm just saying :!:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi everybody,

This is Zun from Bandicam.

We are collecting information to reproduce your problem.
Please, give us some more time.
bandicam-detection-problem.jpg
bandicam-detection-problem.jpg (149.42 KiB) Viewed 13061 times
We have tested 'ATI Radeon HD 5700, GTX 560, GTX 460', but we couldn't find the problem.

To HippeusTheRed,
What is your graphic card?
I couldn't find Geforce 550 graphic card. Is it GTX550?

To cadc,
I have tried the Punkbuster hacking prevention software with Battle Filed 3.
But, I couldn't find the recording problem.

To HippeusTheRed, cadc, Peabrain
If we can reproduce your symptom, we can easily solve your problem.

We will do our best to solve this problem.

Best Wishes,
Zun

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”