Testertime

Re: [BUG] NVENC Recording Starts at Low FPS for 30 seconds

Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:38 am

Hello! :) I have an AMD graphiccard so I won't be able to test it, but I would like to add a small info. My personal experience after an intensive Windows 8.1 test is, that Bandicam has a lot better performance on Windows 8.1 than on Windows 7. This is very likely because of internal stuff where I don't have programmer knowledge, but I have once noticed a bug on newer Bandicam versions with FPS stuttering where it had only affected Windows 7. Luckily they were able to find the bug :mrgreen:

It seems like that their development system is Windows 8.1, which makes things harder for Windows 7 users, but luckily I'm still happy with Bandicam, mainly because of it's FPS limit feature (it's a serious must have for me! I like to save power and heat, and currently unrivaled if I'm looking at other FPS limit programs)

I'm sure they will look into the problem, but it will take time, and I know that it's frustrating. Better check from time to time if a new Bandicam version will fix your issue, from my experience Bandisoft takes feedback a lot more serious than any game developer I have ever seen. I could mention so many examples and games now and I would love to, but that would be sadly offtopic :P

So, if you have time and the opportunity to install Windows 8.1 as a second system, it would be cool to hear if you can confirm the problem there as well or not. Personally I had switched back to Windows 7 because Sandboxie has major issues with Bandicam and many games on Windows 8.1, which weren't acceptable for me. Maybe it's worth the try, but since you said that you are a developer, probably you did that already.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”