Shaefer

Bandicam dropping frames! Very disappointed...

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:42 am

Hello everyone.
I tested the trail version of bandicam and was very pleased with how it recorded my heavy modded Skyrim. I test recorded with Fraps, DxTory or Bandicam. Bandicam blew the other programs out of the water with best FPS during recording, and I went and bought it. Sadly I did not test Bandicam recording a full 30 min episode with live commentary, because then I would not have bought it.

Bandicam are dropping frames on several occasion throughout the 30 min video, making the commentary and sound badly out of sync. Bandicam dropped 25 sec of frames during 30 min of gameplay. This happens every time. I am very disappointed by this.

My spec are.
Windows 7 64 bit.
i7-4790k CPU 4,00GHz 4,00GHz
16,0 GB ram
GeForce GTX 780

Recording settings.
1920 x 1080
h.264 VBR
100 quality

stero sound
48000 Hz
PCM

Yes I followed the h.264 guide for recording. And there is no problem slapping the video file into vegas pro 13.

Anyone know what to do? I am at loss here.... :(

Athlas

Re: Bandicam dropping frames! Very disappointed...

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:03 am

Hi,

Could you, please, to check one of those files with GSpot? I think the problem is related to the one I posted yesterday viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2926

As I said when that happens synchrony is lost, and later during edition I found too, like you did, that a few secs of the video were missing, in any one.

My worry is that this is happening now in every single file since I updated to the 2.1.0.707. So I have to suppose there is a bug or some problem after the new addition of wrapper for MP4.

Edit: Just in case it means something for Bandicam people. When I had this issue before this version, which was rare, mostly of the times it was corrected using your Bandifix utility, even when it said the file was not corrupted. But now no one of those files is corrected with it.

Shaefer

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:20 am

I am not sure how to use GSpot, but I tested the file and got 22.8 unneeded bytes at end of file.
Do this tell you anything?

Roi

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:32 am

Weird, I have quite the same PC, with win8 and a little bit worse GTX.
I'm using motion JPEG, 80 quality, and everything is fine (in most of games)

Athlas

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:33 am

yes, exactly the same as me, so thats the same problem that I posted in the other thread yesterday.

Those unneeded GB are the ones causing the problem, GSpot just have a line to speak about them, but they can be too in several parts of the video, and when it happens you can see your fps dropping for some seconds during the recording time.

Testertime

Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:40 am

Hello :) I know this problem very well, and my mainsystem is Windows 7 64 Bit as well. The last days I was finally able to try out Windows 8.1 very intensively for several days, I have tested games like Just Cause 2, Borderlands 2, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, etc. While there was in some games a recording stuttering with high resolution or framerate setting on Windows 7, it is completely fine in Windows 8.1 with every game, and I'm very surprised. It looks like that Bandicam takes advantage of better system features in Windows 8.1, which are sadly not available in Windows 7. From Bandisofts screens in their announcements it looks like that their main development system is Windows 8.1. That's probably the reason why Bandicam has some recording problems in Windows 7. If it's an option for you to upgrade to Windows 8.1, it's probably better, it's also using slightly less RAM (for me with 4 GB, Windows 7 was at 900 - 1000 MB, and Windows 8.1 at around 750).

At the end of my long tests, I had to leave Windows 8.1 again, because some other third party applications like Sandboxie had terrible annoyances with it and Bandicam, like that a sandboxed Bandicam has trouble to see a sandboxed windowed game, and is absolutely unable to see a sandboxed fullscreen game. With Borderlands The Pre-Sequel I had major micro-stuttering issues with Sandboxie 4.12 in Windows 8.1, and in Windows 7 it's completely fine with Sandboxie 3.76. Bandicams hooking works like a charm there.

What's the point of my text? If you are a power user and you need to rely on some critical, important applications where you know that they were perfect in Windows 7, a switch from Windows 7 to 8.1 may cause a lot of trouble or work in. But most people don't use Sandboxie and just all install games the normal way, so it will be fine for most people. And these people will benefit of a perfectly working Bandicam in Windows 8.1. Of course this option isn't great for everyone, it's just a suggestion if you thought before to switch to Windows 8.1.

More tests about this are appreciated :)

Athlas

Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:53 am

Hello :) I know this problem very well, and my mainsystem is Windows 7 64 Bit as well. The last days I was finally able to try out Windows 8.1 very intensively for several days, ...
Hi,

Thanks for your quote about this issue. But my main worry about it is not to loose a few frames, at the end of the day, during editing I cut, split, etc... so a few less frames wont change very much.

What is really annoying is the collateral damage, lost synchrony (which is stressed some times if cutting off the clip the stuttering area) and why if frames are lost, the file increases its size in GB, GSpot reports 3, 4, 5... even 9 unneeded GB at the end of the file for just a 10 to 15 minutes clip that usually takes only 4 to 5 Gb to be recorded.

And this (as former programmer) I think is something that can be corrected in Bandicam code. Not 100% sure, but...

Shaefer

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Weird, I have quite the same PC, with win8 and a little bit worse GTX.
I'm using motion JPEG, 80 quality, and everything is fine (in most of games)
I have to test motion JPEG then. How is the quality compared to h.264?
I want my videos looking sharp and crisp. I always edit my files in vegas pro, and the audio in audacity before rendering. I guess I am a quality whore, wanting my videos looking the best.
yes, exactly the same as me, so thats the same problem that I posted in the other thread yesterday.

Those unneeded GB are the ones causing the problem, GSpot just have a line to speak about them, but they can be too in several parts of the video, and when it happens you can see your fps dropping for some seconds during the recording time.
I went back and looked through the video again, and it seems like there where several places Bandicam just stopped recording for seconds at a time . The sound and commentary went on recording, making it badly out of sync.
This makes Bandicam useless for me, and probably other people as well. I dont want to go through the extra hazel in every video cutting and pasting, trying to get it back in sync. That will give the video a bad end result.

I realy hope this is something Bandisof are looking into, and trying to resolve. There is obviosly a problem here, and it is not at my end.

Athlas

Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:58 pm

I have to test motion JPEG then. How is the quality compared to h.264?
I want my videos looking sharp and crisp. I always edit my files in vegas pro, and the audio in audacity before rendering. I guess I am a quality whore, wanting my videos looking the best.
I went back and looked through the video again, and it seems like there where several places Bandicam just stopped recording for seconds at a time . The sound and commentary went on recording, making it badly out of sync.
This makes Bandicam useless for me, and probably other people as well. I dont want to go through the extra hazel in every video cutting and pasting, trying to get it back in sync. That will give the video a bad end result.

I realy hope this is something Bandisof are looking into, and trying to resolve. There is obviosly a problem here, and it is not at my end.
Hi Shaefer,

I could start writing about GOP, I , P and B frames etc... but not sure you want it. So lets say in few words, if you have to drink water do you get it from a sealed bottle, crystalline and pure or do you go to drink from a river where you cannot see the bottom cause water is green or brown, with impurities?

Motion JPEG is the water in the bottle. No chances, is just a JPEG (as many per second as you defined of your screen, well, of your GPU exit to screen).

Any other codec you use will try to get a pint of water inside a cup of tea, and to do that will take out whatever is considered as unnecessary, repeated or redundant. And doing that they will generate some "dirty water".

Athlas

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi @ll,

I thought of a solution and it is working at the moment, recording a 60fps and 80Q, but will do further tests in 90 and 100Q.

As the issue is something related to the recording time or may be to the length of the file (produced always in videos over 5 minutes or so) I decided to record in chunks, setting Bandicam up, to finish a file every 4 minutes and then start a new one, until I stop recording.

I checked those videos and they are perfect, imported the chunks into Premiere and they overlap perfectly, no frames lost.

It is not my ideal, but at least I can record with the quality and smoothness I want.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”