CommanderAwesome

Can't record full screen games.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:09 am

...because I have to click the window to record. Is there a solution?

Decicus

Re: Can't record full screen games.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:52 pm

When using DirectX/OpenGL mode, you should be able to record as soon you're inside the game (the game isn't minimized and you're in the menu for example).
Is the green FPS number showing up in the corner of the game screen while having Bandicam and the game open? If so, then you should be able to record by using the hotkey.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:07 pm

If I may pop in, can I ask how you are 'playing the game' without interacting with the full-screen display of the game (clicking in the game at least once) :?:

CommanderAwesome

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:45 am

If I may pop in, can I ask how you are 'playing the game' without interacting with the full-screen display of the game (clicking in the game at least once) :?:
I do click the game but it doesn't start the start the recording and neither does pressing the hot key.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:47 am

I do click the game but it doesn't start the start the recording and neither does pressing the hot key.
Oh, I see. I'm sorry if I misunderstood... that's odd... There is a possibility that the game isn't DirectX/OpenGl, even though it is using the full screen area. It could be DirectDraw or some other non-accelerated screen buffering going on (how the game is using the GPU and display) - as LazehPanda stated above, do the green ['blocky' looking] FPS numbers of Bandicam show up in a corner of the screen?
If it is not too invasive to your privacy or embarrassing to you for some reason or another, may we ask what game you are trying to play/record?

CommanderAwesome

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:39 am

Oh, I see. I'm sorry if I misunderstood... that's odd... There is a possibility that the game isn't DirectX/OpenGl, even though it is using the full screen area. It could be DirectDraw or some other non-accelerated screen buffering going on (how the game is using the GPU and display) - as LazehPanda stated above, do the green ['blocky' looking] FPS numbers of Bandicam show up in a corner of the screen?
If it is not too invasive to your privacy or embarrassing to you for some reason or another, may we ask what game you are trying to play/record?
Don't worry I don't mind. It's Star Wars: Battlefront II, and no, the numbers don't appear.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi CommanderAwesome,

Didn't you use the 'Rectangle on a screen' mode of Bandicam?
You have to use the 'DirectX/OpenGL window' mode to record Star Wars: Battlefront II.
If you use the 'Rectangle on a screen' mode, you will not able to see the green FPS numbers.

Please see the video tutorial below:
http://www.bandicam.com/support/how_to_ ... tx_opengl/

CommanderAwesome

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:12 am

Hi CommanderAwesome,

Didn't you use the 'Rectangle on a screen' mode of Bandicam?
You have to use the 'DirectX/OpenGL window' mode to record Star Wars: Battlefront II.
If you use the 'Rectangle on a screen' mode, you will not able to see the green FPS numbers.

Please see the video tutorial below:
http://www.bandicam.com/support/how_to_ ... tx_opengl/
No, I used the 'DirectX/OpenGL window' mode.

CommanderAwesome

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:23 am

I still need help with this.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”