Upuauta

Re: Bandicam doesn´t start after update

Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Are you not able to download it from this link? http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/
Of cause I can. But that file is just a downloader not the actual file of the new version. That doesn´t work as written in this thread.

Dfactor

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:42 am

Of cause I can. But that file is just a downloader not the actual file of the new version. That doesn´t work as written in this thread.
... What? It links to a 8.9MB installer, which can be executed on any offline PC.

Upuauta

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:40 am

Hello Dfactor,

In my first post I wrote about my problem after using the update function. Then I downloaded the file from the same link you gave me and re-installed Bandicam. But it still didn´t work. This 8,9 MB file you linked isn´t the complete program file - it is just a little program that starts the download. What I am looking for is the complete file (which I would get through the downloader) to download directly. This should be possible shouldn´t it? Because I got a direct download link for the complete (!) install file of the older versions. So I assume there is somewhere a complete file for me to download that might work.
Too, sad that I´m stuck with an old version. :-(

Dfactor

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:17 am

This 8,9 MB file you linked isn´t the complete program file - it is just a little program that starts the download.

A program that would require a download would be less than 1MB.
This video taken on a virtual custom XP machine with disabled internet and turned off adapter.
Installed from 8.9MB installer, perfectly working.
I hate to say it, but something is wrong with your machine's configuration.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:47 pm

We don't have other solutions.
(If you reinstall your Windows, this problem may not happen.)

Testertime

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:07 am

So, there is no solution to this? And no single-download of the new version? Only the update-way to get it? That´s sad, so I´m stuck at a lower version.
I'm unsure if this will help you, but I had once a similar problem after an update where Bandicam said that the application is invalid (it happened on my second computer, never happend on my main), and a clean uninstall with a tool helped me.

1. Download this: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uni ... nload.html
2. Uninstall Bandicam with the help of this tool and remove everything which is related to Bandicam (Bandicam MPEG-1 Decoder too).
3. Install Bandicam and *hopefully* it will start now. If it starts, change the language to English, otherwise it could happen that the problem will come back. At least it was my experience, Bandicam in Sandboxie (for sandboxed games) was working fine in German anyway.
4. If it fails, download the pro version of Revo Uninstaller because the free version lacks a feature. Remove Bandicam with it again, and this time, record the installation of Bandicam with this tool. Don't stop the record of Revo Uninstaller yet. Try to start Bandicam, then close it again (even if it's the error message). Stop the installation recording and save the protocol.
5. Uninstall Bandicam normally through Revo Uninstaller and after this, use the protocol to uninstall potential leftovers of Bandicam.

If this won't help, I'm sorry, but I hope you will find a solution :) My guess is that an other program or program installation is in conflict with Bandicam.

Testertime

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:12 am

... What? It links to a 8.9MB installer, which can be executed on any offline PC.
He had probably choosen the softonic.com mirror :P

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”