Terofox

Fixing a file after a crash.

Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:37 am

Hello.
I was recording a video and everything was fine as usual till I pressed button "stop recording" and software crashed. (no errors. simply closed)
As a result, I have a video file, which I can't open by my players (have tried km player and windows media).
I can't encode it - either process ends with error or software doesn't even start the process (have tried format factory, virtualdub)
I tried using bdfix, but result was: "The input file is not corrupt or cannot be checked for corruption".

This is metadata for this file from format factory:

Complete name : C:\...\bandicam 2023-03-16 01-33-17-751.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (mp41)
File size : 1.62 GiB

I believe, this is the problem. That if somehow I add/edit metadata file will be "fixed". Are my assumptions correct? and how I can add missing data? I tried using "metadata++" (exported metadata to .csv from similar file and tried to import it in this problematic one) but it didn't help. I believe, it actually added nothing at all..

edit: I continued to search information. I have found similar question on this forum, where vlc media player was suggested as a solution. well, vlc media player also wasn't able to open my file..

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Fixing a file after a crash.

Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:54 pm

Hello Terofox,

Are you using the latest version of Bandicam?
From Bandicam version 6.0.1 to 6.0.5, there was an issue where BandiFix didn't repair broken MP4 files properly.
Please install the latest version of Bandicam and try again.
https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

We are afraid that we don't have any solution for the broken file if the latest version of BandiFix didn't work for it.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”