schultzeworks

BASIC feature request > record two sources (both with audio)

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:58 am

I have been told that it 'not yet possible' to capture two videos sources that both have audio. This seems like a MAJOR and OBVIOUS shortcoming. I am posting here so that it might get some attention from the company and other posters.

This feature is available in many other apps, including the FREE OBS studio, which I may be forced to learn very soon.

Here is a more detailed description of what I want to:

GOAL : Get two separate sources so I can edit them in Adobe Premiere Pro

• SOURCE 1> the monitor, 1920 x 1080, with computer sound. This needs to be 1920 x 1080, but is saved as an MP4 with audio
  • SOURCE 2> a DSLR camera, 1920 x 1080, with sound from a separate mike. This needs to be 1920 x 1080, but the audio and video needs to be saved together as an MP4 with audio. If the audio is not included, there are drift / sync issues when using the external WAV file audio that is currently available.

schultzeworks

Re: BASIC feature request > record two sources (both with audio)

Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:14 am

Let me simplify my request.

SOURCE 2 can already be recorded: the video is captured as an MP4 and the audio as a WAV. (Weird, huh? Why even offer this feature if it's broken?)

However, THEY NEVER SYNC. NEVER! The two files are always different lengths and the problem get worse the longer you record.

So, FIX IT. Make SOURCE 2 an MP4 that has both video and audio.

Simple. Superior. Foolproof. Obvious?

schultzeworks

Tue May 10, 2022 2:50 am

UPDATE > total success with OBS Studio

I have done testing over the course of a few weeks and have now been consistently successful capturing two streams of video and perfectly synchronized audio.

I'll be happy to use Bandicam again, as I did for years, once they fix the issue of dual videos being out of sync. That's a deal killer for someone who has a webcam and captures live action at the same time as the screen recording. My voice NEVER matched the video and it got worse the longer I recorded. Sorry, that is unusable.

OK, I'm not here to complain, I'm here to share the helpful news on how to do this.

STEP 1
Once OBS is installed, you'll want to increase your recording 'canvas' to double-width. I record in HD, so I made my canvas 3840 x 1080. On one side is the computer screen capture and the other side is your webcam / DSLR video. Pick the audio input for the microphone and you are set!

ADVANTAGE : you have one large video, so the two 'inputs' will NEVER be out of synch. Plus, your video-voice-audio is perfectly synced. It's one extra-wide video with one audio track.

STEP 2
In your editing app, make your composition-sequence 1920 x 1080. Copy the video into two separate tracks. I usually picked the live action track to 'contain' the audio track, but you will be totally fine as long as you keep both tracks stacked with matching endpoints.

STEP 3
In your editing app, crop each track. Crop one so it shows a 1920 x 1080 from the left and the other so its shows 1920 x 1080 from the right. You are done. Edit as you normally would.

schultzeworks

Sat May 20, 2023 12:20 am

Any updates on syncing audio with the second / live action mirrorless video source?

If the file were a single MP4 [video + audio] that would do it!

Netkela

Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:37 am

Seconded! Make such a function, it is very much missed.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”