DelB_5152

Sadly, I have to say good-bye to Bandicam and hello to OBS.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:24 am

I purchased Bandicam on August 14, 2016, nearly 8 years ago and sadly with each Windows release, the final video recordings have gotten progressively worse, from extremely low framerates to poor picture quality despite setting the video recording bitrate to 35,000Kbs.

My most recent recording, for Days Gone, topped out at 12.17 frames per second, despite the original video source topping out at 60 frames per second. I've used the same record settings for years and even experimenting with new settings did not solve the problem.

I make SweetFX Graphic Mods for PC Games and create split-screen side by side before and after videos. Bandicam records fine when recording actual PC gameplay but I can't have the original video playing at a smooth 60-fps and the SweetFX recorded video playing at an extremely choppy 12.17-fps.

My PC Specs are: Cybertron Desktop Gaming PC, Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070-8Gb video memory, Intel i9 10900KF CPU @3.70Ghz base speed, auto overclocked to 5.492-Ghz with 10Cores-20Threads and 32Gb DDR4 Ram. I'm confident my hardware isn't the issue because Bandicam ran fine on my PCs, in the past, with all around lower specs.

For now, and surprisingly, OBS exceeded my expectations for a free to use software and does everything needed with excellent picture quality and framerates.

Maybe sometime in the near future, I'll checkback and update Bandicam to see how well it performs, if OBS isn't working as smoothly, as it is presently.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Sadly, I have to say good-bye to Bandicam and hello to OBS.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:14 pm

Hello DelB_5152,

For further investigation, we would appreciate it if you let us know the information below.

Did you use the 'Game Recording' mode to record the game?

Did you use the H264(NVIDIA NVENC)?

Have you tried the solutions on the FAQ page below?
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

Could you please send the video file to bandicam@bandicam.com?

Thank you.

DelB_5152

Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:12 am

Answer to question 1: No, when I record actual PC gameplay, I use the Full-screen Recording Mode as I play my PC games in Windowed Borderless Mode. I stopped using Game Recording Mode because the framerate appears in the upper left corner of the screen even when it's disabled.

Answer to question 2: Yes I did, and have always used H264(NVIDIA NVENC), but for some odd reason did not have the same smooth positive recording results as in times past.

Answer to question 3: I will check out the frequently asked questions page to gain more insight in potentially solving the extremely low recording framerate issue.

Answer to question 4: Sorry, I don't have the final gameplay recording with the 12.17 framerate. With each attempt at changing the settings to bump the recordings back to 60fps, I deleted several of the final video recordings out of frustration.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:54 pm

Hello DelB_5152,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We recommend you use the Game Recording Mode to save the gameplay in high quality.
Does the fps number appear on the recorded video?
Could you please attach the window of the Bandicam FPS settings?
We look forward to hearing from you after trying the solutions on the FAQ page.

Thank you.

Budiyanto

Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:19 am

Oh man, I totally get what you mean about software falling behind with updates. OBS has been my go-to for a while now, and it's been a lifesaver. The fact that it's free and still performs so well for recording and streaming is pretty amazing.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”