Mcc37

Recorded video stops and starts again on playback

Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:19 am

So I've had Bandicam ever since Windows 7 Pro. Never once had an issue.

The quick version: I use windows 10. No matter what settings I use on Bandicam, I keep having pauses for about 3 seconds during playback of recordings. If I use AVI, MP4, HEVC, MPEG-4, FPS settings, it doesn't matter, the video freezes on each setting during playback. I'm not seeing any kind of stopping during recording.

The detailed version below:

Sadly, I now have to use windows 10 and well, Bandicam is not working the same like it used to on Windows 7 Pro. I've just recently uninstalled Bandicam and re-installed the latest install file from the official Bandicam website. Here are the different options I've tried with the latest installation:

Under the video tab in the list on the left in Bandicam, is Preset and Settings on the bottom. If you click Settings it opens a new window with several options, AVI MP4 at the very top, so currently I'm set to MP4. Size is Fit Height 0 x 1080. FPS 30. I did try FPS 60 on one recording, there were no noticeable differences, other than there was a brief pause at the very start of the video playback. I've tried the following codecs: HEVC (NVIDIA® NVENC), H264 (NVIDIA® NVENC), MPEG-4. Quality is always at 80 and Profile is always at Auto. I have tried AVI in the past, and still had a problem.

I did also at one point previous to today's recordings, try to lower the quality from 80 to 60, but I still get the same results with the video playback stopping and starting.

Audio codec is MP3, bitrate was 160 but I lowered it to 128, stereo channels and 44100 for the frequency. I even turned off save audio tracks while recording, thinking that was the cause. So I've tried the above settings, one by one. About a minute or so in during playback of a recording, the audio will keep playing, but the video just freezes for about 3 seconds, and then resumes. In a video that is 2:50, the video playback will freeze about two times. PC specs below:

AMD FX-8300 @ 3.3 GHz
32GB RAM
windows 10 Pro
NVIDIA GTX 970
sound card is on-board

Anyone else having this issue or had and fixed it? Any help with it is appreciated, thanks.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Recorded video stops and starts again on playback

Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:35 pm

Hello Mcc37,

It might be a problem with the graphics driver.
Please uninstall the graphics driver completely.

And then, please install the latest version of the graphics driver and try recording again.

Also, please follow the steps on the linked page.
Lag/Lagging: Computer lag, my computer runs slowly
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

If they do not seem to help, please let us know your recording target.

Thank you.

Mcc37

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:54 am

So, I followed your instructions, and I uninstalled my graphics driver and then I reinstalled my graphics driver. Here is the current driver that was available from the Nvidia website below.

Nvidia GTX 970

Component                            Current Version
-----------------                            --------------
PhysX System Software       9.21.0713
HD Audio Driver                    1.3.39.3
Graphics Driver                     512.95

The only *new* thing that happened after uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver, is that the pause in the video playback happens later on, but it still happens. The issue of video playback pausing has not been resolved. My recording target is Rectangle on a screen.

I did follow steps on the linked page. Lag/Lagging: Computer lag, my computer runs slowly
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

I'm not having computer lag or slowdown.

Malwarebytes is active in the tray, but the program is not running a scan when the pausing happens.

Malwarebytes was active in the tray on Windows 7 Pro and I never had a problem like this.

I believe it is a problem that is being caused by windows 10. I have no way to prove that, however, I have seen multiple programs have issues with windows 10, so that is the basis for my claim as to why I think this problem is happening.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:00 pm

Hello Mcc37,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Please uncheck the 'Use enhanced capture method' option and try recording again.

Thank you.

Mcc37

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:58 am

Hello again, I've been a bit busy lately and haven't had time to reply back.

I wanted to let you know that I went in to the recording options and unchecked: Use enhanced capture method, but the problem still remains. My Recording priority is currently set to High.

Are there any other things I can try?

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”