If you use a high-end NVIDIA graphics card (GTX 600 or higher
) and install the latest NVIDIA graphics card driver (version 334. 67 or higher
), you will be able to enhance the recording ability of Bandicam by using the GPU of the graphics card.
Bandicam 2.0.0 or a higher version supports the Nvidia NVENC H.264 encoder, so Bandicam users can record the target in high speed, with a high compression ratio, and in high quality.
How to use the Nvidia NVENC H.264 encoder
1. Download/install the latest Nvidia video card driver
- Go to http://www.geforce.com, and download/install the latest Nvidia video card driver.
- Download Nvidia Driver: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
2. Choose the "H.264 (Nvidia® NVENC)" option from Bandicam
- Click the Settings button under the Video tab of Bandicam, then choose the "H.264 (Nvidia® NVENC)
- H.264 (Nvidia® NVENC) is one of the most commonly used formats for the recording, compression, and distribution of high definition video. (View the comparison of video codecs of Bandicam
- 1 VBR (Variable bitrate) - Quality-based: VBR allows a higher bitrate for faster scenes and a lower bitrate for slower scenes, as a result, the recorded video size can be made smaller. (Recommended)
- 2 CBR (Constant Bitrate) - Bitrate-based: CBR always uses the same bitrate, as a result, you can predict the video file size (But, the recorded video size can be made larger.)
- 3 GPU device: If you use more than 2 GPUs, try this option. (For example, use graphic card A for recording and graphic card B for gaming.)
- 4 FourCC code: To play the recorded video on media players, choose "H264". To edit the recorded video with Sony Vegas, Adbobe Premiere with the AVI container, choose "X264".
- 5 Keyframe interval: If you choose "150" as the Keyframe interval, keyframes will be created every 150 frames.
If you cannot see the "H.264 (Nvidia® NVENC)" option from Bandicam...
Please try the solutions below:
1. Nvidia® NVENC H.264 encoder is available in Bandicam 2.0.0 and Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- If you use 'Windows XP' or 'Windows Vista', the "H.264 (Nvidia® NVENC)" menu will not be shown.
- Download the latest Bandicam program from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/
2. Update your graphics card driver (version 334. 67 or higher)
- Download the latest Nvidia video card driver from http://www.geforce.com/drivers
3. Check whether your computer has a NVENC-capable GPU
- Desktop GPU: Geforce GTX 600 series or higher graphics cards support the NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder.
- Laptop GPU: GTX 660M, 670MX, 675MX, 680M, and 700M series or higher graphics cards support the NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder.
- Nvidia CUDA H.264 Encoder
- Intel® Quick Sync Video H.264 Encoder
- AMD APP H.264 Encoder
- H.264 Video Editing with Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere and Pinnacle Studio
Post a comment